Deployment script is a real time saver when it comes to deploying an update to dev/live servers.
However it still requires user actions in terms of exporting latest language pack and comparing it to one we have right now.
Right now I'm doing this (see below) to export language pack for each task:
- click on "Regional" section in Admin Console
- select English language
- click on Export toolbar button
- enter language pack filename
- click on "Select None" to uncheck all modules
- click on "Custom" to select module which I want to export
- click on Export button on toolbar
These are horrible 7 clicks I need to make just to have "Custom" module's language pack being exported.
I'm proposing to perform an export of all language packs from modules, that have "project_upgrades.sql" file when "Synchronize" button is pressed in "System Tools" section.
As a result we'll have a separate language pack for every module, that is used by deployment script.