I know spoke about this before, but never had a change to implement this. Basically we need ability to have Edit button on Catalog Items and Prefixes when working in Admin -> Content Mode.
On click it will trigger direct editing of that specific item in pop-up or modal window and on save will return to the previous page.
Places & Cases where Edit button can be used:
- Item Details page (ie. Product, Link, Article or any other Prefix details page)
- List of Items (ie. list of Categories, Products, Promo Block or any other Prefixes)
Since this "Edit" button will be returned/printed by a new Tag
- We should be able to use the tag within any DefineElement block (for lists)
- Edit button should work if it happens to be within another form.
- Add special "class" (ie. edit-item-button) name to this new Edit button element on the Front-end. We might change the look and feel of this Edit button to make it different from Edit Content and Edit Phrase buttons.