We have 4 main topics to discuss:
There are a MUST things for Open Source Software:
- Provide for ALL users to be able to Checkout the project from CVS, but LIMIT Commits and Checkout of other projects. Quick sample - http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Fdevelopment%2F . This requires clean and well structured CVS structure so developers are NOT getting turned down by unnecessary complexity of dealing with development.
- CVS Cop - to limit access and require Comments on COMMIT + other add-ons.
- CVS Spam so all subscribed to Development users receive New commits as soon as they occur. Emails contain nicely put Diffs. We already utilizing this on current prod.
- Other CVS tools (to integrate with Wiki and Bug Tracker) like CVS History, CVS Graph ( http://www.akhphd.au.dk/~bertho/cvsgraph/#example ) and so on.
- Create new CVS Repository for Open Source with In-Portal and all modules.
- Migrate to SVN.
- Propose yours!
Main requirements for Open Source Community to simplify the development and increase the interest - We must be 100% transparent to the user. Visible activity in our Development is our key to success in Open Source Community.
Beside standard features like User and Project management, Reporting/updating and assigning bugs, sending emails.
- Integration with Wiki and CVS when changes in CVS are saved in correct bug and vice versa.
- Versioning for Multiple Lines of Development.
- Auto Mass-mailing to all users in the project on any update.
- Monitor Issue and Watch User.
- Patch Viewer - gives you a nice, colorful view of any patch attached to a bug. It also integrates CVS. In particular, it makes code review much easier.
Things that Bugzilla does better:
- Full CVS/Wiki/Bugzilla integration - http://oss.segetech.com/integration.html
- Full list of feature - http://www.bugzilla.org/features
- Many Usefull Add-ons - http://groups.google.com/group/in-portal-org/t/eebd644be65dcba6
Your comments please.
Open Source Server
We need to decide where do we setup the server or it's virtual host.