How to apply patches with GUI in Eclipse - *OpenSource IDE*:
- Download *Eclipse PDT* from http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/downloads/ - select package for your OS from "*Eclipse PDT 2.2.0 All In Ones / Eclipse PHP Package*" section
- Unpack downloaded archived file
- Run "eclipse.exe" file
- First dialog, that appears is a question about Eclipse workspace location
- Check "Don't ask me again" checkbox and click "OK"
- Eclipse IDE allows to open multiple files at once and they are displayed as tabs on top
- First tab displayed is "Welcome page" - close it to get access to main editor window
- Now there is "PHP Explorer" window on the left and opened file editor window on the right
Adding new project
- Press right mouse button on empty space in "PHP Explorer" window
- In opened context menu select "New -> PHP Project" option
- In newly opened window enter project name
- Select "From existing source" option and select folder, where project source code is located
- Click "Next"
- If "Finish" button became available, then click it or click "Next" again and then click "Finish"
- Right click on project folder in "PHP Explorer" window
- Select "Team -> Apply Patch"
- Patch apply wizard window will be opened
- Step1: select patch file and click "Next"
- Step2: select folder to apply patch to (if needed)
- Step3: review files to be packed and see, that there are *no red cross* *icon* near them
- Step3: when there are errors about missing files in patch, then "you can skip particular file patching" OR "change target patching folder"
- Press "Finish" button
Please try and report back here it my manual is useful for patch applying.