There 3 website editing modes available in Admin Console:
- Browse Mode - you can see how users are seeing website
- Content Mode - each editable content has orange "Edit Content" button next to it
- Design Mode - page elements can be rearranged via drag-n-drop
Unfortunately if user was editing content longer than 20 seconds, then instead of going to same editing mode (e.g. "Content Mode") he/she was before start of editing he/she was returned to "Browse Mode".
Here is what happened:
- user opened content block editing
- each 20 seconds automated AJAX call was made to notify user if any other user started to edit same page to avoid data loss
- that AJAX call unfortunately messed up session information about last opened window
- when user saved content block he/she was redirected not to page he/she was editing previously but to some other page
Don't let that AJAX call ("page-revision:OnGetInfo" event) use "m_opener" of "d" value.