The In-Portal CMS pages exists in forms:
- the physical template - unique page (e.g. search results page)
- the virtual template - page, that shares layout with other similar pages, but have different content displayed
In the Admin Console pages with physical templates haveicon and pages with virtual templates have icon.
When working in parallel with 2 or more themes the physical templates, that are bound to theme are only visible when that theme is currently selected:
When a need arises to share existing page between themes the only way is to change page "Type" field (radio button) from "Virtual" into "Template" or backwards.
Unfortunately doing so always results in "Template file is missing" validation error on "Template File" field.
- validate "Template File" field only, when page "Type" field is changed
- when changing page type from "Virtual" into "Template" set "ThemeId" field of the page into currently active theme
- when changing page type from "Template" into "Virtual" set "ThemeId" field of the page into "0" (means no theme bound page)