In-Portal has built-in CSV export/import capabilities for mass data adding/editing. To utilize them the "Export" and "Import" buttons above the grid must be used:
Unfortunately, when date column is present among exported columns it's value is never updated when trying to import same CSV file back.
This happens because date columns are shown/exported as single "FieldName" field, but during import the "FieldName_date" and "FieldName_time" fields are used to get new date value, but they're always empty.
In the "kCSVHelper::ImportStep" method prior to "kDBItem::SetField" call:
- get "formatter" option of processed field declaration
- if formatter is specified, then get associated object from factory
- if formatter object is of "kDateFormatter" class:
- set "FieldName_combined" virtual field
- set "input_format" field option to the "format" option in grid column declaration (if present) or to "format" option in field declaration