In - INP-1017Getting issue details... STATUS the functionality was developed that allows users to events happened on website. As an example a feature was added that allows users to get email each time a topic/post in a given category or it's sub categories is added.
This is awesome feature, but appears that subscriptions aren't removed automatically, when:
- associated user is deleted (if association was done to User ID and not Email directly)
- associated item is deleted (e.g. post in a topic)
- associated parent item is deleted (e.g. topic of the monitored post)
- associated section was deleted (e.g. sub-section on the forum)
The removal of users and sections can be easily tracked in real time, but it's not that easy to track removal of item/parent item because subscriptions can be made to any item in the system and not only topics & posts.
- change SQL returned by "OnGetEventSubscribersQuery" event to also include "UserEmail" column with value of "Users.Email" for that user
- change "kEventManager::notifySubscribers" method to send email only when either of "SubscriberEmail" or "UserEmail" are not empty
- create scheduled task, that will:
- run once a day (e.g. at 00:00)
- delete subscription records that doesn't match any existing records in db