Right now deployment script writes execution log in large text file, located in "/system/project_upgrades.log" and remembers deployed revisions in AppliedDBRevisions column in Modules table.
I'm proposing to create new ModuleDeployment table to ease deployment process reviewing. Table would have following columns:
- Module - name of module, revision belongs to
- RevisionNumber - deployed revision number
- RevisionTitle - title of revision from project_upgrades.sql
- CreatedOn - when revision was deployed
- IPAddress - who deployed a revision
- Output - deployment messages
- ErrorMessage - error message, that happened during deployment process
- Status - deployment status (deployed normally, deployed with errors, synced)
And we can add "Deployment" tab in Modules list (no need to edit a module to see it's deployments).
This would replace existing functionality, because it provides easier access and control over that data.